[Extractstream [MM]] SVR-2000 vs SVR-3000 [Mail-Audit: List]

Sky Schulz sky at ogn.org
21 Nov 2002 11:20:00 -0800

Hi Enuahs,

While the SVR-3000 is a physically better machine (more RAM, faster
CPU), it is still a Series 2 inside, which means, to-date, it is not
hackable (ie. no copy of recordings over the network, no TivoWeb, no
telnet, etc, etc).  Yes, you can get a USB ethernet adapter and have it
fetch guide data over your DSL/Cable connection, but, that's about it.

I plan on keeping my SVR-2000 and wish I had 2 more.  I don't plan on
purchasing another PVR until I can do what I will with the media w/o
corporate interference.

-- sky