[Extractstream [mailman]] So near and yet so far

extract@dormon.com extract at dormon.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:56:04 +0100 (BST)

I'm so close to getting this all working.

Series 1 tivo with two 120GB drives and running OS 2.5.5 with tivo web
1.9.4

extractstream 0.2 works but gives random extraction, I think this is the
big disk problem? I've tried CVS but it doesn't seem to work for me, is
this fixed in 0.3?

sendstream 0.2 seems to pull the correct tyStream (very very slowly, I'm
dumping it via NFS) but when I use splitstream I end up with a massive
badchunk.ty file, and only about 10secs of video of a half hour show.

Has anyone got this working with large disks in a Linux only
environment?

Many many thanks for any help, or I'm going to have to start deleting
stuff :(

Cheers
Lee