[Extractstream [MM]] Re: Tivo->DVD rip at 720x480

Roger Ly RLy at homestead-inc.com
Fri Jan 3 18:43:49 2003

John,

>The correct boundary, I think, is an I frame.  When using VirtualDub
>and pressing the "Next I Frame" button I find that there are I frames
>pretty much everywhere.  Maybe, find the exact frame you want to cut
>in VirtualDub, write-down the time, and adjust TMPGEnc's Merge&Cut to
>that exact time?

I was thinking about doing that, but I have one more long encode
(T-minus 10 hours) before I can start tinkering with a new video.  I'll
let you know what I find out.

>You're getting pixelization?  Which settings did you change?  The ones
>listed at http://tivo.30below.com/jdouglass/website_bitrates.html ?

Very similar settings to yours.  But with very fast moving, busy
pictures (like people running up and down the court), I get some
pixilation.  When people are set up in their half-court offense (not
much movement) things look fine.

Roger