[Extractstream [MM]] Good Quality 32Khz > 44.1Khz Resampling?

Andy Young yungee at cix.co.uk
Sat Jan 4 11:11:56 2003

Hi all.

I'm new to this list, but fairly competent in the world of computer
video.

I have hacked my Tivo to produce video at 480*576 and 2.5Mbps, ready for
SVCD with no re-encoding, and am taking it off the TiVo using the
excellent Tytool5 (If you read this list ... top work jdiner!)

My problem lies in resampling the audio from 32Khz to 44.1Khz. The
quality leaves something to be desired (I get a sort of tapping /
clicking sound in the audio). I'm not sure if this is an artefact to do
with the MP2 > MP2 re-encoding that I will have to live with, or whether
it is fixable.

I am using BeSweet and various tools it supports with the following
command line:

BeSweet.exe -core( -input i:\TiVo\audio.mp2 -output
i:\TiVo\audio-new.MP2 -logfile besweet.log" ) -azid( -s stereo ) -ssrc(
--rate 44100 --twopass ) -2lame( -m s -b 192 -e )

I have tried:

Giving Toolame extra bandwidth up as high as 384kpbs in case that made a
difference. Taking out all of the Azid processing options. SSRC type 3
dither. SSRC 24 bit quantising.

None of these seem to make a lot of difference.

Any advice on what people use to upsample their audio would be greatly
appreciated.

Andy.