[SA-exim] User prefs

Mikel Tidwell dragon at dreamhaven.net
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 08:13:21 -0700 (PDT)

On 2 Jul 2002, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

-> You have a choice:-
->   - you run SA once on each message and do not have the option
->     of applying recipient specific rules
->     + either at SMTP time (reject early) - sa-exim local_scan patches
->     + or during routing - config change only to exim
->   - You run SA once per recipient delivery at the cost of more
->     SA invocations, lower efficiency, but more customability
->
-> To do the latter run it as a filter to final delivery (no choices then
-> as to final disposition - unless you are delivering via something like
-> procmail), or explicitly have each user run it from procmail (or within
-> your system procmailrc).

What would the filter look like?  I assume this would be in exim?

I use procmail personally, but I don't know how to bounce a message.  Can
you show an exmaple?  I don't know about setting procmail up system wide,
or for every user individually, but for those who want it, like myself, I'd
like to know how to set up this rule.

-> You can't bounce stuff properly* if you scan per user, if you scan once
-> per message you can do some degree of bouncing, but you need to be
-> scanning in local_scan to reject at SMTP time (however for broken SMTP
-> implementation on the sender side this can have downsides such as the
-> sender attempting to resend again and again).

I have noticed that they simply resend on bounce more often than not.  I
lowered the trigger to 13.0, and my exim logs grew substantially. :P

Thanks for the help, and I wanted to apologize to the list for not snipping
my last email.  I was very rushed on multiple fronts, and I simply forgot
before pressing send. ^^;

  -- Mikel Tidwell   President: RPGamer -- http://www.rpgamer.com/
   MSNM: FireMyst    Personal Home Page -- http://dragon.rpgamer.com/