[SA-exim] User prefs

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
02 Jul 2002 17:07:22 +0100

On Tue, 2002-07-02 at 15:37, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> I'm going to run it at SMTP time, and write a router that tests for
> ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs and runs it again with the user's custom options
> for the few who have some.
>
> Note however that:
> 1) if you mangle the subject, it might get mangled twice
> 2) if you reject the message at SMTP time, you obviously can't deliver it to
>    the user
> 3) other similar caviats

It would be interesting if you could convert SA into a 2 part process:-
  1. Apply all the separate tests and mark the message header up
     with the hits (in terms of how hard a test was triggered
     rather than the score of the test)
     This would be run once per message.

  2. Apply the scores (potentially user modified) to the SA test hits
     report, including per user white/black/grey/blue listing
     Make score based decisions.

This architecture might make it hard/impossible to have real per-user
rules (ie a user wishing to mark all mail containing the word "fibble")
but would allow per user tweaking.

It would be even better if stage2 could be run early too - but that
requires a lot of messing with the routing and delivery process.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]