[SA-exim] Teergrubing (stalling SMTP sessions )

Robert Strickler Robert.Strickler at us.net56.net
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 14:50:37 -0500

># This is done by never acknowledging DATA from the sender.
># Note that this is against what RFCs state

Sending the continuation mess gage as noted in the Teergrubing web pages
would follow the RFC and would be nicer on false positives as they should
actually get the reject. Of course the load shedding logic isn't there. I
don't mean to sound ungrateful, what you have provided is certainly better
than nothing if one wants to retaliate against the spammer or wake up the
owner of the open relay. I doubt I'll get the time, but I'll try and print
out the code and see if there is someplace the improvements could be wedged
in. Maybe it would be better to make a new sourceforge "SpamBump" project
since it is not really a SA function.

Best Regards, Bob