[SA-exim] Re: sa-exim-2.0.1 and STRING_SPRINTF_BUFFER_SIZE

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 08:46:03 -0700

(please ask questions on the sa-exim list so that they get archived, along
with the answers)

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 01:11:13PM +0200, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
> Marc,
>
> I'm a little bit worried about this paragraph in INSTALL:
>
> ---
> You probably also want to edit exim/src/config.h.defaults
> #define STRING_SPRINTF_BUFFER_SIZE 32768
> The default value is a bit too small for some of the strings that we need to
> expand from SA.
> Mmmh, that doesn't seem to be enough, exim then complaints that the headers
> it tries to add are too big even after I set "uschar buffer[32768];" in
> src/header.c.
> Suggestions welcome, but I'm also telling the SA guys that they shouldn't
> be outputting more than 8KB of headers.
> ---
>
> Is this issue still present? Does it lead to problems in the practical use of
> Exim and SA? Any other hints or comments?

I wrote a patch for SA which turns off the ludicrously long header:
http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=195

If you apply that, you should be fine.

I've been waiting for the SA guys to confirm that they had applied my patch
before updating the docs, but I haven't had confirmation yet.