[SA-exim] Re: sa-exim-2.0.1 and STRING_SPRINTF_BUFFER_SIZE

Ralf G. R. Bergs rabe at RWTH-Aachen.DE
Sun, 14 Jul 2002 18:04:21 +0200

On Sun, 14 Jul 2002 08:46:03 -0700, Marc MERLIN wrote:

>(please ask questions on the sa-exim list so that they get archived, along
>with the answers)

Sorry but I didn't want to subscribe just to get this question answered. I can
hardly copy with the other MLs I'm subscribed to, so I try to avoid to
subscribe to further MLs...

[...]
>> I'm a little bit worried about this paragraph in INSTALL:
>>
>> ---
>> You probably also want to edit exim/src/config.h.defaults
>> #define STRING_SPRINTF_BUFFER_SIZE 32768
>> The default value is a bit too small for some of the strings that we need
>> expand from SA.
[...]
>> Is this issue still present? Does it lead to problems in the practical use
of
>> Exim and SA? Any other hints or comments?
>
>I wrote a patch for SA which turns off the ludicrously long header:
>http://bugzilla.spamassassin.org/showattachment.cgi?attach_id=195
>
>If you apply that, you should be fine.

Thanks. I cc'ed this message to the Debian maintainer so that they can include
it in a future version.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\