[SA-exim] SA-Exim 1.2.2 Released

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun, 19 May 2002 17:48:55 -0700

Ok, good news:
The problems that  I suspected with version 1.2.1  weren't there. The header
corruption  that I  very occasionally  experienced was  due to  people using
outlook (duh!)  which created  an invalid references  header, which  in turn
upset mailman.

So, if you were running in full debugging mode, you that probably set it
back to 1 or 0.

I just  released 1.2.2 which outside  of two very minor  code cleanups takes
care of actually remembering spamassassin.conf values across calls.
Because exim spawns  itself, each instance of exim will  have to re-read the
config file, but once it's read it, it's able to keep the options in memory
if it gets called again before it exits.
As usually, it's all here:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

The  binaries I  compiled (debian  packages  in the  files/ directory)  also
contain my improved  error message & postmaster callback patch  that you can
find here: http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/

I think I'll leave the code alone now  (barring any bugs that you or I might
find), and  I have several  plans on  improving SpamAssassin itself  so that
it's more suited to running quickly at SMTP time.