[SA-exim] PermReject

dman dman at dman.ddts.net
Wed, 29 May 2002 18:21:30 -0500

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 04:44:38PM -0600, Craig Coles wrote:
| I've been running SA-Exim now for maybe a week, and have already got most=
 of
| the company sold on the features!!
|=20
| I am currently devnulling above 18 and have been trying to do a permreject
| at 20 or above, however I see in the logs that the messages are 'silently
| tossed' according to the devnull rule of 18.  I can't see where the
| permreject rule is being referenced.  Have I missed something to enable i=
t?
| (yes the SApermreject: 20 line is enabled...)

That isn't possible as the code is right now.  The relevant section
begins on line 729 (version 1.3) (snipped for clarity) :

        if (spamvalue > SAdevnull)
        {
            recipients_count=3D0;
            return LOCAL_SCAN_ACCEPT;
        }
        else if (spamvalue > SApermreject)
        {
            return LOCAL_SCAN_REJECT;
        }

You can't accept (SAdevnull) and reject (SApermreject) the same
message.  The code, right now, checks blackholing first, and since all
messages scoring >=3D 20 also score >=3D 18 it is blackholed.  If you want
to reverse the order of the tests, for your site, you can do that.
=20
| While I am at it... I've got another question about whitelisting.  I am
| running Debian and have installed Spamassasin as a package.  This set up
| some default rules in /etc/mail, one of which is for whitelisting.  Is it
| possible to do a 'whitelist_to' for a few of my users that think that an
| automated process is not capable of determining that mail is SPAM!??  I
| would love to turn loose all the SPAM for them without any filtering at a=
ll,
| but not the rest of the company, and then we will see how the like making
| all their own decisions...

Put those user's local parts in /etc/exim/sa_skip (lsearch format).
In the SAEximRunCond setting include something like this :

SAEximRunCond: ${lookup {$local_part} lsearch {/etc/exim/sa_skip} {0}{1}}

If that condition yields "false" then sa-exim will accept the message
and not even run SA.

-D

--=20

Emacs is a nice operating system, it lacks a decent editor though
=20

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available