[SA-exim] sa-exim 2.2 feedback?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:05:30 -0800

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 03:59:17PM -0500, Ariel Sandberg wrote:
> Can you tell me what exactly tempreject does?  I was reading through the
> documented config file but am a little uncertain when and why I would need
> it?

tempreject  tells  the remote  mail  server  that  you are  temporarily  not
accepting  their Email. Almost  all  mail  servers will  retry  to send  the
message for up to 5 days or so.
In the meantime, you  have the option to read your  logs, inspect mails that
you are  rejecting (if  you enabled  the option  to save  them on  disk) and
possibly whitelist the mail so that you accept it next time it comes around