[SA-exim] SA-Exim checks *outgoing* mail too?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:26:11 -0800

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 11:17:02AM -0500, Brian Kendig wrote:
> So I noticed this in /var/spool/exim/log/mainlog just now as I sent a
> message to this mailing list...
>
> Is SA-Exim running all of my *outgoing* mail through SpamAssassin too?
>
> If so, then how do I turn this off?  I don't ever want someone to
> receive email from me already (and incorrectly) marked as spam!

Look a spamassassin.conf

# Exim configuration string to run before running SA against the message
# You should not put double quotes around the expression
# This decides whether SA gets run against the message or not. Messages will
# not be rejected if the message had SA headers but weren't added by us
# If you comment this out, SA will be disabled
# Watch your logs, you will get errors and your messages will get temporarily
# bounced if the expansion fails
# Anything that doesn't expand to "" or "0" (without quotes) will be considered
# true If you set the string to 1, it will be true without going through exim's
# condition evaluator (and if you leave it unset, it will default to 0)
SAEximRunCond: ${if and {{def:sender_host_address} {!Jeq {$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}{Yes}} } {1}{0}}

You also want to look at my exim4.conf config if you haven't done so yet:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/#conf

The check_rcpt ACL has:
  warn     message	 = X-SA-Do-Not-Rej: Yes
	   local_parts	 = +nosarej:postmaster:abuse

  warn     message	 = X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes
	   hosts         = +relay_from_hosts

  warn     message	 = X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes
	   authenticated = *