[SA-exim] SA-Exim checks *outgoing* mail too?

Brian Kendig brian at enchanter.net
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 15:45:35 -0500

Marc MERLIN wrote:
> Brian Kendig wrote:
>> Is SA-Exim running all of my *outgoing* mail through SpamAssassin too?
>
> Look a spamassassin.conf
>
> SAEximRunCond: ${if and {{def:sender_host_address} {!Jeq
> {$sender_host_address}{127.0.0.1}} {!eq {$h_X-SA-Do-Not-Run:}{Yes}} }
> {1}{0}}

So what this is saying is that SpamAssassin will be run if the sender
host address is NOT localhost and if 'X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes' isn't found
in the message, right?

Can I specify wildcards here?  My home network is all in the 10.0.x.x
subnet, so can I say something like 'if the sender host address is not
10.0.*'?

And what happens if a spammer gets wise to this and sends me spam with
a 'X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes' header?  ;-)

> You also want to look at my exim4.conf config if you haven't done so
> yet:
> http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/#conf
>
> The check_rcpt ACL has:
>   warn     message	 = X-SA-Do-Not-Rej: Yes
> 	   local_parts	 = +nosarej:postmaster:abuse
>
>   warn     message	 = X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes
> 	   hosts         = +relay_from_hosts
>
>   warn     message	 = X-SA-Do-Not-Run: Yes
> 	   authenticated = *

Thanks for the pointer -- I'm looking over them and figuring them out
as I go.  :)

  ____    |\/|                 Brian Kendig   Set your priorities right.
  \  /\   / ..__.    brian at enchanter net   No one ever said on his
   \/  \__\   _/   http://www.enchanter.net/  death bed, "Gee, if I'd
    \__   __  \_      Be insatiably curious.  only spent more time at
       \____\___\           Ask "why" a lot.  the office."