[SA-exim] Re: SA-Exim 2.2 released

Audun Ytterdal ay at linpro.no
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:27:59 +0100

Marc MERLIN <marc@merlins.org> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 02:08:34PM +0100, Audun Ytterdal wrote:
>> > As always, it's here:
>> > http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
>> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/sa-exim/  (RSN)
>>
>> It would be nice to have a single patch to exim like exiscan has.
>> Now you have to build it outside of exim with references to the
>> source.
>
> You don't have to actually.
>
> You get to pick whether you just want to copy the local_scan function in
> your exim  source and rebuild  exim every  time you upgrade  sa-exim, or
> whether you  want to  patch exim  with the dlopen  patch once,  and then
> rebuild and upgrade sa-exim independantly from exim (as explained in the
> INSTALL file).
> If you  rebuild sa-exim independantly from  exim, then yes, you  do need
> the exim source tree, afterall sa-exim does have to use the exim API.

Ups. I missed something in my explaination, I want the loadable module
option, But if you are going to make a rpm or a debian dbs-type of
package you want a single tar.gz file one or more patches.

So I could just make a diff/patch of the local_scan replacement, but I
want to include the dlopenpatch and a patch that inserts the two new
source files (dummy and sa-exim.so) and modifes the buildprocess to
include sa-exim when you build exim.

This is very simple inside my head, but somewhat hard to write down in
english.

--
Audun