[SA-exim] Re: SA-Exim 2.2 released

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:01:13 -0800

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 05:27:59PM +0100, Audun Ytterdal wrote:
> Ups. I missed something in my explaination, I want the loadable module
> option, But if you are going to make a rpm or a debian dbs-type of
> package you want a single tar.gz file one or more patches.

On debian, it's not really a problem, I already build a package and just
put both files in the deb. For that matter, it wouldn't really be a
problem with RPM either.

> So I could just make a diff/patch of the local_scan replacement, but I
> want to include the dlopenpatch and a patch that inserts the two new
> source files (dummy and sa-exim.so) and modifes the buildprocess to
> include sa-exim when you build exim.

I  think I  understand what  you want  to do,  and basically,  it should
really not be a problem, there is only one patch and the other files are
separate so you can simply include them as entire files in the SRPM.

Either way, this is really a packaing issue.
If you have  further issues, let's continue off list,  it probably isn't
of much interest to the rest of the list.