[SA-exim] SA-Exim 3.0 released

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Wed Apr 30 11:05:10 PDT 2003

Since SA-Exim now uses a newer dlopen_localscan patch (you'll need to
rebuild your exim with the newer patch, or if you already have 4.11 or
better, you can for now add -DDLOPEN_LOCAL_SCAN_OLD_API in the Makefile),
and due to the number of changes and dependency on newer exims (4.11 or
better), bumping the version to 3.0 seemed like a good idea.

Here's the changelog

     2003/04/30 - v3.0

     * Makefile can generate a short spamassassin.conf (for Brian Kendig)
     * Added a contrib directory with 3rd party scripts
     * Since  we  already  had X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To: to show the envelope to
       (disabled  by  default),  I added X-SA-Exim-Mail-From: to show the
       envelope   from   (always  enabled,  but  you  can  delete  it  in
       system_filter  if  you wish). If you can't easily see or parse the
       envelope sender in your mails, this should definitely help
     * Much improved directory creation and error handling for the reject
       save directories
     * Added SIGCHLD patch from David Woodhouse
     * Added  version  header  that  looks  like this: X-SA-Exim-Version:
       2.2.x-cvs (built Tue Apr 22 10:28:25 PDT 2003)
     * Rewrote  pretty  much  every log message to be more consistent and
       grepable (the previous ones were quite bad). Suggested by multiple
       people including Brian Kendig
     * Made  the  SMTP  error messages finally configurable (suggested by
       several  people). This is now possible since exim lets me output a
       different   message   in   the  log  than  in  the  SMTP  session.
       Consequently,  new  default  messages  do not show the spam score,
       this only goes to the exim now.
     * Made  SAmaxrcptlistlength  and  option  to  control  how long of a
       X-SA-Exim-Rcpt-To  header  you can output if you want to output it
       at all
     * Do  not  output  "savemail  condition expanded to false" if not in
       debug mode (as reported by Brian Kendig)
     * Now  ships  with  a  sample local_scan.h if we can't find the exim
       source
     * Change  of  logic  to  delete SA headers that were in the original
       mail  but  weren't  outputted  by the SA run (like X-Spam-Flag, as
       reported by Chad Leigh)
     * Modified  local_scan dlopen patch to deal with updates to the exim
       local_scan API
     * The   default   location   for  spamasassin.conf  was  changed  to
       /etc/exim4 (debian default)
     * Updated README and INSTALL
     * Updated  localscan_dlopen.patch  to  deal with minor/major version
       numbers
     * Added X-SA-Exim-Version

I have been running pre-versions of this code for several days and unless
I somehow added a bug while making the release tar, the code seems to work
well (famous last words :)
But seriously, no problems on my mail server, and sa-exim will deal with
errors anyway, log them, and allow the mail through so that you don't lose
anything.

As usual, it's here:
http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sa-exim/

I'll release a deb against the debian exim4 package in a few days