[SA-exim] updated sa-exim cvs

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Mon Aug 18 09:42:37 PDT 2003

I know I made some noises about releasing 3.1 a couple of weeks ago, but
found a bug right before that.
It was suggested that I use exim's Message-Id instead of the one from the
message headers, but that turned out to be a bad idea because the Message-Id
from exim is really unique and it caused saved messages on temp rejects to
be saved under different filenames every time they came back (since the
filename is the Message-ID)

So, I fixed that, and also improved logging some more to output the mailinfo
(last part in the log line) for all Action log entries (not just spam), and
I also added the header Message-Id in the logs as it really helps when you
want to find a spam in a mailbox later or compare with an SA timelog entry
(which also uses the header Message-Id)

So, log lines now look like this:
2003-08-18 08:31:01 19olyD-0004l9-PO SA: Action: scanned but message isn't spam: hits=-22.9 required=7.0 (scanned in 3/3 secs | Message-Id: 474F8E4B2022BD45B0DEFFAFD2286576AC33 at exch2k1.ida.org). From <exim-users-admin at exim.org> (host=exim-colo-01.whoc.theplanet.co.uk [195.92.249.251]) for exim-users-local at merlins.org

The cvs code is obviously stable since it's been running on my mail server
for at least 17 minutes :) and if nothing explodes and I get a little time
at home this week when I'm not actually sleeping, I'll release 3.1 from the
current cvs code.

http://sourceforge.net/cvs/?group_id=56124