[SA-exim] teergrubing

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Thu Aug 21 21:28:45 PDT 2003

jvanasco at mastersofbranding.com wrote:

> someone mentioned a while back that teergrubing spammers is pointless,
> as the machines that send the spam are often hacked

They aren't necessarily hacked, they're just run by ninnies.

> anyone have info on the machines that spammers host their shoppingcarts
> on though?

Let me guess :o) You want to become a spammer and want to set up a
shopping cart site. You want info from us all over the hardware on which
to set that up.

Then you're asking us all on the list not to teergrube your spammer
sites, right?

 > i've been thinking of doing something similar, but with the .html
 > pages that are advertised.

I reckon you better could ask
http://www.netcraft.co.uk/cgi-bin/Survey/whats . That site has exact
info on each spammer's site and their OS, at any rate.

Or what do you really want?

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni at billy.demon.nl