[SA-exim] teergrubing

jvanasco at mastersofbranding.com jvanasco at mastersofbranding.com
Thu Aug 21 15:40:27 PDT 2003

On Thursday, August 21, 2003, at 02:28 PM, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

>> anyone have info on the machines that spammers host their
>> shoppingcarts on though?
>
> Let me guess :o) You want to become a spammer and want to set up a
> shopping cart site. You want info from us all over the hardware on
> which to set that up.

Totally.  I want to spam you, your mom, and your mother's religion.

If spammers are mailing their shit from hacked machines, it makes me
think that *possibly* they are hosting their shopping cart sites on
hacked machines too.

If that is a high probability, I don't want to up the bandwidth of
people too dumb to configure a server securely.  If most spammers sell
their wares off of their own websites though -- I have no problems with
the idea of upping their bandwidth bills.

Their business model depends on low overhead.  They count on nearly
every person they spam trashing the message.  But what if every person
they spammed visited their website?  Multiple times?  Bandwidth is
cheap -- but not that cheap.