[SA-exim] feature request? change default sa-exim.conf location

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri Aug 22 09:43:20 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 10:23:17AM -0400, jvanasco at mastersofbranding.com wrote:
> I dunno if this is even possible - but what do you (marc) think of
> instead of the current default, throwing it into the same directory as
> the exim configuration file

That's where it is, at least on systems that put exim ocnfig files in /etc/exim4
(Debian) :)
It's a compilation option, so you can change it.

> right now, its defaulting to /etc/exim4/sa-exim.conf
> but exim defaults to /usr/exim/configure

Yours does, but I is that really the default?
(if it really is, I never seen any exim install where that default was
being used)

> it would be neat  is sa-exim automagically did {directory that exim's
> configure file is in}/sa-exim.conf -- instead of modding it by hand

You can do some tricks to get that I suppose (exim4 -bV), but:
- is it exim, exim4?
- what if you build inside the exim source on a system without exim running,
  or the wrong one and I configure with the wrong path?

Most of it is solvable, but I don't think I'm going to switch to a configure
like system just for that, and then deal with the bug reports of people for
whom it didn't autodetect right.