[SA-exim] Anyone install from Debs?

Justin F. Knotzke jknotzke at shampoo.ca
Sat Aug 30 12:00:08 PDT 2003

   Hi,

   I have two questions.

   I installed exim-4.20 from source and rewrote local_scan.c with
sa-exim.c and that works fine.

   However, doing apt-get dist-upgrade causes apt to want to install
exim, which of course I do not want.

   That leaves me with a few solutions. I grabbed Debian's sources for
exim-4.22 and built that and created the .debs for it. Installing those
.debs throws me for a loop in that I can't quite figure out where the
config files are (i put in blanks during the curses config screens). Has
anyone built exim-4.2x from source for Debian and installed sa-exim with
it?

  My next question is OT but somewhat related. Assuming I decide to just
go with my from source install without created debs, is there a way to
tell apt-get to ignore the install of exim? I know how to hold back a
package for upgrade but is there a way to hold back a package for
installation?

   Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke at shampoo.ca