[SA-exim] Envelope From verify

Dickenson, Steven sdickenson at keyschool.org
Thu Feb 13 14:49:10 2003

Just started testing SA-Exim for spam filtering for my site.  So far, it's
working well.  Kudos on such a great idea.

Now, my question.  I used Marc's Debian source tree to build a Woody package
from the Exim 4.10 sources, and thus, I'm using his configuration file.
I've marked some stuff out I don't need, but I'm worried about envelope
sender verification.  Since I'm filtering mail for some 500 users, I really
don't want to wade through the logs and see which messages failed envelope
sender verification, and then determine if the message was solicited or not.
I've also noticed more than a few legitimate mails being bounce because the
sending server doesn't accept empty envelope senders, even to one mail
recipient (a big violation of RFC2821 section 3.7).

So, what I'd like to do is to turn of envelope sender verification all
together.  However, I'm not that comfortable with Exim's ACL entries.  I was
messing with the configuration last night, and managed to end up temp
rejecting everything coming in.  Putting the configuration back solved the
problem.  Can anyone, Marc especially, tell me what lines to change/comment
out of the exim4.conf.master file to disable these checks?

Thanks,
Steven
---
Steven Dickenson <sdickenson@keyschool.org>