[SA-exim] Who's using teergrubing?

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri Jan 3 11:13:30 2003

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 09:20:21AM -0500, Brian Kendig wrote:
> I'm curious -- how many people out there are running teergrubes?  And

I am :-)

> what do you have your teergrube delay set to?  I'm using eight hours

10mn. I find that most if not all MTAs have code to make sure they don't
hang around forever. Many don't stay longer than a few minutes, for that
matter, many spammers don't stay longer than 30 secs

> Also, is there any way to keep the size of the spawned exim processes
> down while they're teergrubing spammers?  Right now each of my exim
> processes is about 600KB resident with a little over 2MB swapped to
> disk.  So twenty spammers tie up about twelve megabytes of RAM and over

No, I don't agree.
Almost all that memory should be shared.

I don't know how much RAM is malloced by exim, but only that RAM should
be duplicated by each process.