[SA-exim] Re: SAmaxrcptlistlength should have a different default

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri Jan 3 12:18:13 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 02:48:08PM -0500, Brian Kendig wrote:
> I'd like to suggest that this should be changed slightly... I don't
> think there's any reason why anyone would want to limit the length of
> rcpt lists to less than what Exim supports (is there?).  So why not
> default to the maximum length, and use a 'SAhidercptlist: 1' setting
> instead if an admin would like to hide the rcpt list for privacy
> reasons?

Mmmh, I'm not sure I agree on that one.

1) People may want to limit the header to let's say 160 chars or so. A
   8K header can be huge and maybe even crash stupid MUAs or relaying
   MTAs

2) Yes, I changed the default (and documented it as changed) as people
   pointed out to me that defaulting to having that header on was
   probably not a good idea, even if I documented it as such.
   So now, you have to enable the header (I think you just need to
   comment out the entry in the conf file) to get it.

Do you think it's unreasonable?