[SA-exim] Re: SA-Exim Problem

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Thu Jan 23 08:27:50 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 10:45:44PM -0000, Philip White wrote:
> Hello Marc.
>
> Sorry to bother you, but I have a small problem I want to run past you.

Try to use the mailing list, some people there can almost help you
better than I can :-)
(I'm at linux.conf.au in Australia, so I'll have to answer briefly)

> Am runnimg Exim 4.12, with both Exiscan and SA-Exim compiled in. SA-Exim
> seems to be running fine. Recognises and adds headers as expected.

Ok.

> Problem.
> Exim acts as a MX for a hubbed host - all mail gets sent to an NT box
> running MS Exchange, which delivers mail into a POP-box. I then collect mail
> from this using KDEmail.
> Somewhere along the line, the X-Spam headers are being removed, dropped, or
> something.

Well, it's very unlikely that exim has anything to do with it,
especially if you've confirmed that sa-exim works correctly.
exchange can remove headers it doesn't like AFAIK

> The headers ARE there on the MS box. If I use Lookout on a Winbox, I can see
> them.

outlook talks to exchange via a special protocol IIRC, so exchange
*could* give you a different view of the same mail via pop

> Using SA through Exiscan works fine - the headers remain. But with SA-Exim,
> I get everything up to and including the Subject:, then all else is lost.
>
> Question;
>  Are you aware of this happening anywhere else?
>  Any ideas on what is wrong?

If you see the mails with the headers coming out of sa-exim when you
read the mail locally (from spool, or from
/var/spool/exim/SAspamaccept), the only thing that could happen in exim
is headers_remove in your smtp transport or something.