[SA-exim] Re: SA-Exim Problem

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman.ddts.net
Fri Jan 24 02:43:17 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 04:27:50PM +0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
| On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 10:45:44PM -0000, Philip White wrote:

| > The headers ARE there on the MS box. If I use Lookout on a Winbox,
| > I can see them.
|
| outlook talks to exchange via a special protocol IIRC, so exchange
| *could* give you a different view of the same mail via pop

Wouldn't that be nice =p?  Ever heard the phrase "embrace and extend"?
(not wholly applicable, but the general attitude is)

If the headers are on the exchange system then the problem is almost
surely not with (sa-)exim.

| > Using SA through Exiscan works fine - the headers remain. But with SA-Exim,
| > I get everything up to and including the Subject:, then all else is lost.
| >
| > Question;
| >  Are you aware of this happening anywhere else?
| >  Any ideas on what is wrong?
|
| If you see the mails with the headers coming out of sa-exim when you
| read the mail locally (from spool, or from
| /var/spool/exim/SAspamaccept), the only thing that could happen in exim
| is headers_remove in your smtp transport or something.

I suggest running some packet sniffer (eg tcpdump or ethereal) on the
link to see what exactly passes from exim to exchange.  If you see all
the data passed on correctly then the problem is somewhere in exchange
or beyond.  Otherwise look deeper into (sa-)exim.

HTH,
-D

--
In his heart a man plans his course,