[SA-exim] Newbie: Releasing mail

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Thu Mar 20 15:26:59 2003

tor, 2003-03-20 kl. 11:37 skrev Darran Michael Coy:

> How do I release a message that has ended up in one of these dirs, but is real mail?

Well now. Join the club of happy SA-Exim 2.2 users.

Firstly, given the right config files, you should never get any stuff
that /has/ to be disposed of in this way. *I* never do :-> However,
here's what I just tried out for you and it worked a treat:

I have a machine with SA-Exim and wu-imap 2003.DEV running. Thus, I have
imap mboxes for a number of users. They are in ~/mail. I have for myself
an mbox: ~/mail/Temp.

As a user with rights to both directories (in the following test case as
root) I go to /var/mail/exim/SApermreject/new and do (on the last spam
to be refused with an smtp 550, a Nigerian spam from a Dutch spammer at
Netscape.net, his account really does exist, the idiot - he spammed the
Conexant modem mailing list and me 3 times):

'cat 1048169690_200303201404.h2KE45mF030210@valve.mbsi.ca >>
/u/home/tonye/mail/Temp' - and what do you know ...

If you've even only a little practice in Unix shell programming and
things like 'find', ls -lu', you name it, Unix has it, you can set up a
regular cron job to find out what are the new spams and do the above.
You can then delete, forward or do whatever you like with your mails.

My own chosen mailer is Evolution, but you could more or less use
anything.

Best,

Tony

--