[SA-exim] User-based white- and blacklists

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Fri Mar 21 10:17:12 2003

Hi list,

I'm sure this must have been raised before, if so I'm sorry.

Exim 4.14, SA-Exim 2.2/dlopen patch, SA 2.50-CVS

Exim runs as user exim uid 502, spamd runs as suid root, Bayes is in
/usr/local/var/spamassassin, local.cf in /etc/mail/spamassassin.
Everything works beautifully.

Now I'd like to use user preferences. Maybe I shouldn't, the docs say
it's "a bad thing", but I'm trying things out.

As far as I can see, exim calls spamc every time data is received and
prohibits using user preferences. Or am I wrong?

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw