[SA-exim] Re: User-based white- and blacklists

Derrick 'dman' Hudson dman at dman.ddts.net
Fri Mar 21 14:49:40 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 11:17:12AM +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:

| Now I'd like to use user preferences. Maybe I shouldn't, the docs say
| it's "a bad thing", but I'm trying things out.
|
| As far as I can see, exim calls spamc every time data is received and
| prohibits using user preferences. Or am I wrong?

The problem is a message can have multiple recipients.  If you're
using sa-exim, then you scan only once per message, even if the
message has 100 recipients.  You can use user preferences if you do
the scanning later (eg similar to the way my docs explain the
integration), but then you must scan once per recipient and you lose
the ability to reject the message and take no responsibility for
delivery.

-D

--
He who walks with the wise grows wise,