[SA-exim] Re: User-based white- and blacklists

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri Mar 21 19:00:24 2003

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 05:24:43PM +0100, Tony Earnshaw wrote:
> http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030317/051275.html

Man, that's an ugly trick. I have to admit that I would never have thought
about it, that's quite smart from Tom to have come up with that.

Note that for sa-exim, it's even worse, because you can only accept people
who don't have a spamassassinrc, or only one receipient who has one.
Yet, this would work, I think.

Tom, have you checked that remote MTAs will not be spooked out by getting a
45x after the xth rcpt to, and will all correctly go on to data and deliver
to the receipients that were accepted?
I'm a bit afraid that some broken MTAs may just see a 45x, and issue
a quit instead of data for the ones that were accepted.

> However, I find it so horrible ("il s'oppose meme la nature", as my
> granny might have said)

Mmmh, that looks and sounds like French, but that isn't quite French though
:-)