[SA-exim] Re: User-based white- and blacklists

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Fri Mar 21 16:24:43 2003

fre, 2003-03-21 kl. 15:49 skrev Derrick 'dman' Hudson:

> | Now I'd like to use user preferences. Maybe I shouldn't, the docs say
> | it's "a bad thing", but I'm trying things out.
> |
> | As far as I can see, exim calls spamc every time data is received and
> | prohibits using user preferences. Or am I wrong?
>
> The problem is a message can have multiple recipients.  If you're
> using sa-exim, then you scan only once per message, even if the
> message has 100 recipients.  You can use user preferences if you do
> the scanning later (eg similar to the way my docs explain the
> integration), but then you must scan once per recipient and you lose
> the ability to reject the message and take no responsibility for
> delivery.

Heh ... Haven't I seen your name somewhere before?

Yes, I've seen the reasoning before and the logic is obvious. Funnily
enough, Tom Kistner posted a an Exim 4.14 Exiscan kludge to the Exim
list this week which should also work for SA-Exim, for the above
situation.
http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030317/051275.html
However, I find it so horrible ("il s'oppose meme la nature", as my
granny might have said) that I would never use it myself. The above
question was simply a sanity check.

However, there must be an alternative solution.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw