[SA-exim] Postmaster question

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Fri May 16 10:22:29 PDT 2003

Hi list,

Ethical question - first to this list then, if nobody cares, to the SA
and Exim lists.

SA-Exim by default lets all mail, including spam, to postmaster at mydomain
through. I reject all spam above 7.0 at smtp time with an smtp 550.
However, I send a polite note with it that mail to postmaster will be
accepted, if we've made a mistake. The result is, that the spammer
(where he has a real address and sees this) sends his spam to postmaster
:-/

So, I want postmaster's mail scanned and rejected too, if it's spam. the
rfc282* says this would be wrong of me. What do you think?

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw