[SA-exim] Postmaster question

Brian Kendig brian at enchanter.net
Fri May 16 10:20:44 PDT 2003

> So, I want postmaster's mail scanned and rejected too, if it's spam.
> the
> rfc282* says this would be wrong of me. What do you think?

I don't think there's anything wrong with filtering the postmaster
account's email, especially if you rarely or never get legitimate
messages there.

Something else you could do: when you send a polite note with your
reject message to point people to a different address, choose some new
address which hasn't been found by the spammers yet.  For example, my
reject message says 'this message looks like spam, if it's not then
please re-send to notspam at mydomain.com.'  I've set SA to let all mail
for that address through without filtering it.  So far spammers haven't
found that address... and if they ever do, then I'll just change it to
'notspam2' instead.  It's my throwaway 'get out of spamtrap free'
address.