[SA-exim] Exim 4.120/SA-Exim 3.0 running

ODHIAMBO Washington wash at wananchi.com
Fri May 16 14:15:30 PDT 2003

* Wash <wash at wananchi.com> [20030516 12:38]: wrote:
> * Tony Earnshaw <tonni at billy.demon.nl> [20030514 20:56]: wrote:
> > Just in case people think that it never works :)
> >
> > Red Hat Linux 7.2, kernel 2.4.19/ACPI, many system updates.
> >
> > Did the patch and install according to Marc's instructions, apart from
> > copying Local/* from my Exim 4.14 to 4.20/Local after checking
> > srsc/EDITME to see that there was no difference (didn't use the 4.20
> > patched EDITME.).
> >
> > sa-exim-3.0.so wasn't changed or recompiled; I'm using the one compiled
> > for Exim 4.14.
> >
> > I can't understand Thomas' or Wash's troubles. Wash should know to copy
> > the SA-Exim-patched src/EDITME to Local and do any final adjustments
> > there before compiling? I don't have to tell him that ;) If the patches
> > have been applied correctly, Exim *must* know what local_scan_path is.
>

> ;-/
>
> Hmm, that was it. I did everything correctly but instead of using the
> patched EDITME for Local/Makefile, I used my custom Makefile that I have
> always kept, because I had sdiff-ed it with the one for exim-4.20 and saw
> there was no change!! Stupid me, the patch changed stuff a bit.
>

> Okay, so the instructions for FreeBSD (4.8) users should be like this:
>
> FreeBSD-4.8 here ;-)
>

> cd exim-4.20
> patch -p1 < ../duncanthrax.net/exiscan/exiscan-4.20-26.patch
> patch -p1 < ../SA-EXIM/sa-exim-3.0/localscan_dlopen.patch

Guys, please change those paths ;-) Those were specifically
relevant to my dir hier here. I am sorry if they misled someone. I forgot to
change them to something more general.

 	Best regards,
	Odhiambo Washington
        Wananchi Online Ltd.

___W_A_N_A_N_C_H_I__O_N_L_I_N_E__L_T_D___The People's Choice______
Wananchi Head Office    |*|	Tel: +254 2 313 985-9
1st Flr Loita, Loita St.|*|	Fax: +254 2 313 922
10286-GPO, NAIROBI, KE 	|*|	e-mail: <wash at wananchi dot com>
++

If the stewardess tells me NT is a far more stable and reliable OS than UNIX,
I'll nod politely and say "Is it really? How nice."