[SA-exim] Exim 4.120/SA-Exim 3.0 running

Tony Earnshaw tonni at billy.demon.nl
Fri May 16 22:28:35 PDT 2003

fre, 16.05.2003 kl. 11.37 skrev ODHIAMBO Washington:

> I am wondering why you had to go the Postfix way. Is it for fun (and two lives
> in the MTA world) or is there something PostFix does better than Exim?

Because Postfix is the standard MTA in SuSE's OpenExchange server,
Guardian Digital hardened server and more such things, I'm expected to
support it by mates who install such things and then turn to me for MTA
help and suchlike. Exim is and always will be my first love - it's
never, ever let me down since I began with it in 1997.

Learning Postfix is fun (like learning a new Unix flavor), but Wietse
Venema rules with a rod of iron and doesn't have Philip's or Marc's
flexible attitude (because he's a Big Blue - IBM - employee.) Postfix is
IBM's and Postfix people despise Exim, because Postfix people believe
they are better than all other people ;)

Best,

Tony

--
Tony Earnshaw