[SA-exim] Upgrade to SA-Exim 3.0 from 2.2

Tim Jackson lists at timj.co.uk
Mon May 26 22:55:44 PDT 2003

Hi Jerry, on Mon, 26 May 2003 09:16:41 -0400 you wrote:

> >I have a spec file which includes an option for SA-Exim on
> >http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php - I haven't updated it to 4.20/SA3
> >yet but it shouldn't require a big change.
> I tried to use this the last time a built the rpm. I was unable to build
> using the 3.0 sa-exim, I fell back to using 2.2 sa-exim. I make a couple
> of small changes to the spec file, as I recall the main error I kept
> getting was something like could not find local_scan.o.  Is there
> something with this patch that I am missing?

No, as I said, I haven't updated it to work with SA3.0 yet. From the
sounds of it, you are having problems similar to those that other people
have reported on this list when trying to compile SA as a local_scan patch
rather than loadable module. I'll probably get round to playing with it in
the next few days though, at which point I'll fix the spec up for SA3 and
let you know :)

> Also, as to my level I would consider my self a novice Linux user.

No worries, it sounds like you got quite far then! Don't worry, when I've
updated the spec to work with SA3 it should be a doddle.

Tim