[SA-exim] SA-Exim feature request.. Possible? Impossible?

Coax coax at cornernet.com
Tue Nov 4 12:57:48 PST 2003

Hiya, Marc.

CornerNet is now running sa-exim, throwing away anything that is of SA
score 15 or higher. (in short, anything that is really obvious.)

However, I do end up having to run spamassassin a second time in a global
procmail, as we do have some users who have specifically stated that they
do not wish any spam to be thrown from their mailbox, or to have a special
configuration of some kind. (whitelists, blacklists, etc.)  we're throwing
the obvious stuff now; they don't have a choice about that anymore.

it would be *REAL* nice to avoid having to do SpamAssassin that second
time.

Is there a way we could get exim to call spamc using the preferences from
the user(s) in the local part of the message?

I honestly doubt it because I don't think sa-exim calls spamassassin
directly for multiple local parts in a message...  Only once, using the
global preferences file, or the preferences file of the calling user (in
this case on my system, 'mail')

There's got to be some way to cleanly get around this problem.

Any ideas?

Chad