[SA-exim] SA-Exim feature request.. Possible? Impossible?

Richard Lithvall richard at lithvall.se
Wed Nov 5 12:31:47 PST 2003

Coax wrote:
> Is there a way we could get exim to call spamc using the preferences from
> the user(s) in the local part of the message?
>
> I honestly doubt it because I don't think sa-exim calls spamassassin
> directly for multiple local parts in a message...  Only once, using the
> global preferences file, or the preferences file of the calling user (in
> this case on my system, 'mail')

Correct.

> There's got to be some way to cleanly get around this problem.
>
> Any ideas?

Depending on what you want to accomplish you could do some or all of the
following:

1. Save permanently rejected messages and run a script[1] that resends
the message to those that don't want anything thrown away (spammers
still think that the message were rejected)

2. Use individual exim filters that checks for SA headers and throws
high scored messages away [2]

3. Use individual exim filters that runs SA once more for those who
wants to maintain local SA rules.

/Richard

[1] An example of such a script can be found here:
<http://richard.lithvall.se/projects/sa-exim/forward-spam.pl>
(It takes a saved message file as argument and resends it to all recipients)

[2] For example like this:
# Exim filter
if $header_X-Spam-Level: begins "**********" and
$header_X-SA-Do-Not-Rej: begins "Yes" then
         seen finish
endif