[SA-exim] Side-effect involving mailing lists

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Nov 16 15:49:26 PST 2003

Quoting Marc MERLIN (marc at merlins.org):

> The teergrube condition could be based on anything, people are welcome to
> type any valid exim parseable statement there (some use mysql, some check
> for other things like header data, etc, etc...)

[...]

> I whitelist MLM by looking at headers and either adjusting the SA score
> accordingly (which I do now), or making some headers disable teergrube

> By headers, you could say "if received line has yahoo in there" for
> instance

Clearly, I should have spent more time reading
/usr/share/doc/sa-exim/README.gz (where you warn about all this), but
was in a hurry because my Exim3 & SA setup was collapsing under spam
load, so I converted it under rather stressed conditions.

Off the top of my head, I'm not sure how to write an exim parseable
statement that equates to "if Received line has .grp.scd.yahoo.com in there",
but that's my problem.  Hmm, probably:
{!eq {$h_Received:}{^.*grp\.scd\.yahoo.\com.*\$}}

I wouldn't want to whitelist everything whose Received headers claim it
to have originated at Yahoo, I think.

Oh, and I wanted to say _thank you_ for sa-exim.

--
Cheers,           "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate
Rick Moen         those who do.  And, for the people who like country music,