[SA-exim] SA-exim suddenly started ignoring "X-Spam-Status: Yes"

Sander Smeenk ssmeenk at freshdot.net
Sun Apr 25 00:29:38 PDT 2004

Quoting Rick Moen (rick at linuxmafia.com):

> ii  exim4          4.30-4         An MTA (Mail Transport Agent)
> ii  exim4-base     4.30-4         EXperimental Internal Mailer -- a Mail Trans
> ii  exim4-config   4.30-4         Debian configuration for exim4
> ii  exim4-daemon-h 4.30-8         Exim (v4) with extended features, including
> ii  sa-exim        3.1-2          Use spamAssassin at SMTP time with the Exim
> ii  spamassassin   2.63-1         Perl-based spam filter using text analysis
> I notice that /var/spool/sa-exim/* is owned by mail:mail.  Is that right,
> given that the exim daemon runs as user Debian-exim ?

The permissions on /var/spool/sa-exim are wrong, if you ask me. They
indeed should have been Debian-exim:Debian-exim. But this should not be
the show-stopper for spam detection, afaik.

> Any clues as to how I figure out what has suddenly broken?

Logfiles.

Increase the verbosity level of certain tools involved, spamd, sa-exim,
and check what they all return. Furthermore, you are running an older
version of the sa-exim package. Version 4.0-x already has been released.

I'd need more input like logfiles before I can say what could be wrong.

HTH,
Sander.