[SA-exim] "uninitialized value" errors with SA 3.0.1

Brian Kendig brian at enchanter.net
Sat Dec 4 14:52:54 PST 2004

On Dec 4, 2004, at 11:00 AM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> Mmmh, there is no SA 3.0 patch. Do you mean the SA 2.6 patch?

I'm using the sa-exim.c which has the "/* Support SA 3.0 format */" bit
in it.

> Ok, so does SA 3.0.1 fail out of the box on your machine?
> (i.e. forget SA-Exim or the Greylisting.pm module)

I'm not using greylisting.  Running "spamassassin -t < sample-spam.txt"
fails with a couple of "Global symbol requires explicit package name"
errors which are entirely different from the ones I get when I run it
from SA-Exim, but 'make test' in the SpamAssassin 3.0.1 directory
succeeds (with only one failed test, the Razor test), so I'm not sure
whether this means SpamAssassin is working properly or not.

I looked over the SpamAssassin mailing list and there are a few other
isolated (and unsolved) reports of the "uninitialized variable" errors,
so it's possible this is just a SA bug.  I think I'll let SA 3 grow a
few more version numbers before I use it in production.

   - B