[SA-exim] "uninitialized value" errors with SA 3.0.1

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Sun Dec 5 00:46:06 PST 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 02:52:54PM -0500, Brian Kendig wrote:
> On Dec 4, 2004, at 11:00 AM, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> >Mmmh, there is no SA 3.0 patch. Do you mean the SA 2.6 patch?
>
> I'm using the sa-exim.c which has the "/* Support SA 3.0 format */" bit
> in it.

Ah, right, sorry I was thinking about greylisting, which you probably aren't
using. I misunderstood what you meant with patch.

Right SA 3.0 says "score=" instead of "hits="

> I'm not using greylisting.  Running "spamassassin -t < sample-spam.txt"
> fails with a couple of "Global symbol requires explicit package name"
> errors which are entirely different from the ones I get when I run it
> from SA-Exim, but 'make test' in the SpamAssassin 3.0.1 directory
> succeeds (with only one failed test, the Razor test), so I'm not sure
> whether this means SpamAssassin is working properly or not.
>
> I looked over the SpamAssassin mailing list and there are a few other
> isolated (and unsolved) reports of the "uninitialized variable" errors,
> so it's possible this is just a SA bug.  I think I'll let SA 3 grow a
> few more version numbers before I use it in production.

Never mind my greylisting misunderstanding part, what I said after that
still stands. That's a spamassassin error which happens when sa-exim does
nothing more than feed it an Email.
It may just depend on the type of mail being fed to it, but the point still
stands: it's a problem with SA.

You should be able to find the mails in /var/spool/sa-exim/SAerrorsave/
or equivalent, and hopefully reproduce by doing
spamassassin -t (-d) < /var/spool/sa-exim/SAerrorsave/new/mesgid