[SA-exim] exim 4 conf

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Sat Jan 10 23:09:56 PST 2004

lør, 10.01.2004 kl. 09.34 skrev Odhiambo Washington:

> * Rahul Baweja <rahul.b at net4india.net> [20040109 21:26]: wrote:
> > HI,
> >
> > i went through the sa-exim.conf but wasn't able to understand anything...
> > how can i use this software cuz m being very new to this don't have any idea
> > how to use it... or if you can provide me with some like then i can go
> > through it.. :-))
>
> Which begs for the question: "What led you to this software in the 1st
> place?" You need to retrace your steps backwards and think again, as it
> seems the software is not for you.
>
> http://www.spamassassin.org should be enough for you for now.

Interesting thread. Maybe Suresh (also Indian, but probably writes much
better English than me with my Cambridge U. O and A level English) could
begin a conversion course in 1373 -> RTFM for compatriot would-be 1373z.

OT: When's Marc going to write an acceptable alternative in C to
amavisd-new(Perl)smtpd:25 -> amavisd-new(proxy content filter running
spamd):10024 -> smtpd:10025? It would be better than both SA-Exim and
Exiscan, and nobody else in the world seems to be capable. It supports
teergrubing and smtp 55x.

Ref:  http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd

Supports both spamd and almost any virus scanner available.

It would be suitable for more platforms than Exim (like Postfix, for
example) and because it supports SQL and with Scott M. Dier's patch,
also LDAP, users get to have their own preferences.

It would make Marc famous and loved by all. Especially me :)

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl