[SA-exim] local_scan_path option error

Marc MERLIN marc at merlins.org
Fri Jan 30 20:29:43 PST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:48:52AM -0500, J. S. Greenfield wrote:
> To be clear, I'm talking about the patch to dynamically-load a
> local_scan module, here.  On Solaris I have statically-linked the
> sa-exim local_scan module, and found that it worked fine.

Right.You build stuff from source anyway, so the patch to make it
dynamically loadable is not that important for you.
It's more for rpm and deb users who don't compile their programs (and that
also means mainly linux users)

> As for testing and Solaris...look, it's freely available, open source
> software.  Already having it tested and officially blessed for all
> systems would be wonderful, but should hardly be a bar to release.  I

As far as sa-exim is concerned, it is indeed not going to happen.
This is mostly a hobby of mine for my own mail server and while I'm willing
to write some docs for others, accept patches, and answer most questions,
I'm not about to setup a multiplatform test suite or even do full regression
on sa-exim before a release. I just want to use the rest of my free time for
other things like racing, snowboarding, and other activities :)