[SA-exim] sa-exim cvs with greylisting support

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Mar 5 11:30:27 PST 2004

Quoting Sander Smeenk (ssmeenk at freshdot.net):

> 99% of the spam I receive is directed to my fallback mx'es.
> wont this badly affect the greylisting results?

Funny thing about that.  A bit of log analysis when I first implemented
sa-exim suggested two things:  (1) That spammers seemed to be
preferentially delivering mail to high-numbered MX hosts.  (2) That I
had carelessly let sa-exim start teergrubing my main backup MX.  (Oops!)

My own solution, since I could not even remotely approach having the
same antispam policy on all MXes, was to discontinue using backup MXes
entirely:  After all, if I couldn't bring mail back up within the
four-day timeout common to most MTAs, I wouldn't be much of a mail
admin, would I?

--
Cheers,
Rick Moen                      "vi is my shepherd; I shall not font."