[SA-exim] sa-exim cvs with greylisting support

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Sat Mar 6 16:25:04 PST 2004

fre, 05.03.2004 kl. 20.30 skrev Rick Moen:

> My own solution, since I could not even remotely approach having the
> same antispam policy on all MXes, was to discontinue using backup MXes
> entirely:  After all, if I couldn't bring mail back up within the
> four-day timeout common to most MTAs, I wouldn't be much of a mail
> admin, would I?

I was going to answer *exactly* the same, but didn't, because I was
ashamed.

The reason that I am ashamed, is that I also use Postfix to a great
extent, and this is what most Postfix admins advise (and there are some
pretty powerful orgs out there using Postfix) - "do not use backup MXs,
unless you have full control over their configurations and can sync
their anti-spam measures to your primary MX. Backup MXs are basically
worthless, anyway", for the same reasons you give.

Best,

--Tonni

--

mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl