[SA-exim] Too much logging?

John Horne J.Horne at plymouth.ac.uk
Thu Mar 18 16:58:44 PST 2004

Hello,

Well I have sa-exim 4.0 up and running in a test environment. However,
even if I set:

  SAEximDebug: 0

I still get two or three lines per message logged to my main log.
Considering each arriving message logs about three lines anyway, this
means that my log files will (approx) double in size.

Is there any way to really disable logging? We receive far more mail
that is received, rejected, delivered or whatever than the few that we
have to trace to find out what happened. As such exim does enough
logging for us.

Putting log lines such as 'flagged as Spam but accepted' at a log level
of 1 or more is fine, but I think a level of '0' should mean no
additional logging at all.

Thanks,

John.