[SA-exim] Greylisting mails with URLs

Paul Makepeace merlins.org at paulm.com
Fri May 21 13:16:41 PDT 2004

I'm going to toss this idea out there without even looking at the code
just in case anyone wants to pick this up.

Pretty much the only spams getting through here at this point are those
that really do not look like spam and contain just a URL ("click here for
more www.medserver.b1z"). Now, there are look-ups based on domain name/URI
e.g. http://www.surbl.org/ ; (heck I even wrote one, http://sdbl.org/
) but they take time to get reported.

So - I would like to have emails that contain a URL or even
(un-whitelisted) domain name in the body of the mail to be deferred for
some time during which time one hopes the domain'll end up on spamcop.
http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=inprogress&type=www which is then fed
or in my own list.

Roughly: something to tag the email with a "URL/domain of some
description whatever detected" and then in the GL code look for that
domain and possibly use that as an additional or parallel GL parameter
along with envelope and host info.

Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ................................  http://paulm.com/ecademy

"If I caught my jism in my mouth, then I would let your dog fuck me in
 the ass!"
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/