[SA-exim] Duplicate mails

Kristopher Austin kristopher.austin at oc.edu
Thu Apr 7 06:34:58 PDT 2005

I've also found it very useful to manually test sending an email
manually and make sure your mail server is sending appropriate

Telnet to mail.yourdomain.com port 25
Helo somehostname
Mail from: your address
Rcpt to: your address
Data
[type an email including headers here]
.

You should get appropriate responses from your server.  Make sure it
looks clean.  We were once getting duplicate email as well.  After I did
this, I discovered that the virus scanner was throwing some error back
to the sending server.  It did not comply with any standard response and
different sending servers handled that differently.

Kris